Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Eyjafjallajökull Time Lapse Video by Sean Stiegemeier
Iceland, Eyjafjallajökull - May 1st and 2nd, 2010 from Sean Stiegemeier on Vimeo.
The eruptions of the Icelandic volcano, Eyjafjallajökull, literally cast a dark cloud upon the large mountain’s neighboring towns, engulfing square miles of the sky above in a deep haze. It affected more than just those local townships though, as its impact was felt on a global scale as well. However, the remnants of ash and dust left behind in the wake of its eruption – and even during it – have given way to a series of artistic opportunities for those willing and daring enough. Here we get a look at this stunning time lapse video shot by Sean Stiegemeier on his Canon 5D MK II days following the volcano’s initial activity as he is able to capture the beauty of the Icelandic landscape and the force behind one of nature’s most powerful occurrences. Music courtesy of Jonsi (of sigur rós), his partner Alex Somers and Peter Katis (The National, Interpol). Enjoy!
Rhd Store Facebook
Join Rhd Store on Facebook
- Richard Kern, presents ‘Shot By Kern’
- The Monocle Shop Tokyo
- Canon x Tom Sachs “Like A Leica” SD780
- Steve McQueen - Hollywoods Anti-Hero & True Son of...
- Laguiole Knife
- モノ・マガジン-5-16 Lightning 6月号 WORKWEAR-3 2n...
- The Art Of Shoe Shining
- Red Wing Boots Factory Tour
- Nigel Cabourne
- Studio D’Artisan 30th Anniversary Denim
- The Hill-Side S/S 10 Lookbook
- Nudie Jeans Fall/winter 2010 Lookbook
- oki-ni | Nigel Cabourn Archive
- Nudie Jeans 2010 Fall/Winter Injection Collection
- Eyjafjallajökull Time Lapse Video by Sean Stiegeme...
- PORTLAND GENERAL STORE
- AREAWEAR WOOD FLASHLIGHT
- Field Notes Sunshine Special Edition 3 Pack with M...
- THE GARBSTORE & COUVERTURE STORY
- Garbstore 2010 Collection
- Philippe Starck + Intersection Magazine
- MAY SHOP PHOTOS
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF 3SIXTEEN
- NEW TO RHD SYDNEY LABEL DOMESTIQUE
- EVERYBODY LOVES A BARBER
- ▼ May (28)